- Providing the highest standard of care in our diagnostic and therapeutic services
- Making the well being and safety of our patients our highest priority
- Being actively involved with the health needs and requirements of the community
- Providing medical and allied health professionals learning experiences for application of rehabilitation procedures in a hospital setting
- Exploring and instituting innovative administrative and clinical procedures; and
- Providing patient and family educational training in rehabilitation
To do this we coordinate rehabilitative care for patients of all ages, with services that are focused on the total care and well being of the patient. Through our network of affiliated hospitals, community programs and close relationships with our affiliated graduate school programs, we are able to provide excellence to every patient. We are committed to a strong NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Healthcare System and strive to be recognized as a national leader in Rehabilitation Medicine.
Our Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit has been nationally ranked by U.S. News and World Report in their cover article "America's Best Hospitals". In addition, we are accredited by the New York State Department of Health, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), and the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).